June 28, 2020
We have adopted rigorous policies and procedures in an effort to avoid unnecessary risk for our customers and employees. We will update these policies as official guidance changes.
Guidelines for All Employees
- Stay 6 feet away from others.
- Wear a face covering.
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. We have set up a hand-washing station in the nursery.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean things that are frequently touched.
- Cover mouth when coughing and sneezing, using tissue or inner elbow.
- Stay home or go home immediately if sick or experiencing covid-19 symptoms (especially fever, cough, or shortness of breath). Remain at home until cleared for work by a health care professional.
At the Nursery
- Face coverings are required for all employees and customers at all times. No exceptions.
- Indoor spaces are closed to the public. The outside areas are open to the public during regular business hours.
- The checkout counter has been moved outdoors and reconfigured for non-contact payment while maintaining social distancing.
- Payment by credit/debit card or gift card only. No cash or checks.
- Returns are not accepted at this time
- Sanitize all frequently touched surfaces at the beginning and end of each work day and at regular intervals during the day. Spray bottles of chlorine sanitizer are available.
- Sanitize wagons and shared tools between uses.
- Staff must not touch customers’ cars or place items into cabs or passenger areas of cars.
- Phone ordering is available and encouraged. Our inventory can be viewed on our website.
On the Job Site
- No direct crew contact with customers.
- One employee limit per vehicle if possible. If you were not the last person to use a vehicle, wipe it down with sanitizer when entering.
- Label or mark personal tools to avoid sharing.
- When tools and equipment must be shared, sanitize between uses. If you were not the last person to use a tool, sanitize it before use.
- Keep sanitization kits in each vehicle.
Additionally, we comply with State Mandatory Safety Standards for Workplaces.